We strive for the most sustainable building envelope solutions, not only in terms of manufacture but in terms of ‘designing in’ key performance and durability features which enhance the whole-life efficiency and longevity of today’s buildings.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes, in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce, in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our Environmental Policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
SUSTAINABLE ROOF SOLUTIONS
As well as producing some of the market’s leading green roof solutions, Bailey’s flagship roofing system Atlantic has excellent sustainability and environmental credentials.
Firstly, the production of the Bailey Atlantic has none of the potentially harmful environmental factors resulting from the manufacturer of PVC membranes. It contains no chlorides or HCFC’s
Secondly, it is energy efficient during installation. Heat guns are set at 500 degrees C to 600 and are used only as required. There are no carcinogenic fumes as with case of other materials
Thirdly, Production waste is immediately recycled and most of the installation waste and packaging can be returned to the factory for recycling. If it is necessary to remove the roofing system, Bailey Atlantic can be separated from other materials and completely recycled.
SUSTAINABLE EAVES AND FACADE SOLUTIONS
Bailey soffit, eaves and facade systems are manufactured from aluminium, which is not only the earth most abundant element but is almost infinitely recyclable and is rightly considered amongst the most sustainable of the world’s resources.
The amount of embodied C02 is low compared to other construction materials, and unlike many others, where the energy used to create the material is lost, the energy used to smelt aluminium is effectively invested and 95% of a it will be reused when recycling.
WHOLE LIFE COST
Increasingly, the cost of a project demands that costs be considered for the whole life of a building. Aluminium‘s physical properties mean that once installed it will last longer and require less maintenance than steel, timber or plastic alternatives, resulting in genuine whole life cost savings.