If you are interested in the role below, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Simply send us your covering letter, CV and salary expectations.
|The purpose of the role is to work closely with the sales team to ensure all tenders and bids are submitted efficiently and competitively ensuring our commercial risk is minimised but with the best possible chance of success. The role will involve estimating preparation to ensure technical aspects are all addressed, profitability margin are maintained and delivery achievable and ensure high conversion wins.|
Duties & Responsibilities
|• Responsibility for understanding fully the clients requirements and ensuring the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentations, ensuring written work is clear, concise and compelling|
• Be the first point of contact for the client and liaise with client during tender preparation to ensure clarity on detail of project
• To undertake the estimating process for project enquiries as directed by the Sales Manager to ensure competitive pricing whilst commercially viable, requiring an understanding of key variables for costing.
• To understand Bailey standard products and to incorporate these products where possible and appropriate to maximise the profitability and achieve efficiency gains
• Ensure the bid meets Bailey quality standards both in content, commercial reality, technically and structurally
• Preparing the bid programme and schedule of deliverables including setting key meeting dates with internal and external contributors to the Bid process
• Work closely with procurement to produce the price element of a bid for unknown cost items
• Liaise with and coordinate involvement of all internal contributors, Drawing Office, Project Management, Procurement, Production and technical.
• Be part of the sales team taking an active role in follow up quotations, as required, to maximise chances of winning the order.
• Supporting management of the opportunity pipeline, in conjunction with the Sales Manager
• Take an active role in the development of propositions specifications to ensure requirements are captured precisely
• Ensure that final tender information is accurate and attend operational meetings to hand over and brief team on tender bids, attending meetings with the client if required.
• Work to continuously automate, systematise and improve the tender process, especially working closely with the IT department. Accepting, embracing, implementing, and innovating new ideas and ways to improve.
Skills & Experience Required
|• Excellent communication and presentation skills|
• Previous demonstrable track record of delivering successful Bids
• Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
• Solid understanding of the full project lifecycle
• A collaborative approach to working
• Excellent IT literacy skills on Microsoft Office
• Ability to work under pressure to meet and exceed business deadlines
• Ability to multi task and prioritise
• Commercially aware
• The desire and energy to be a member of a winning team.