If you are interested in the role below, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Simply send us your covering letter, CV and salary expectations.
|The purpose of the role is to assess all technical and commercial risks associated with the tender, by working closely with the other departmental heads. To create and maintain a close working relationship with client members through the tendering process and beyond.|
With the overall purpose to price and submit tenders efficiently, comprehensively and competitively ensuring our commercial risk is minimised whilst providing the best chance of commercial advantage whilst securing additional opportunities for the business within the parameters of the roles and responsibilities listed below
Duties & Responsibilities
|• To undertake the estimating process for project enquiries as directed by the Sales Manager to ensure competitive pricing whilst commercially viable, requiring an understanding of key variables for costing.|
• Liaise with Project Managers, Drawing Office and Production to obtain relevant information to ensure all aspects of the project are covered.
• Liaise with the Sales Manager to compile final tender to ensure all detail that can be determined is identified and costed.
• To understand Bailey standard products and to incorporate these products where possible and appropriate to maximise the profitability and achieve efficiency gains.
• To adhere to all Company Quality Assurance Procedures at all times.
• To support Sales by carrying out initial follow up on all quotations submitted to verify competitiveness and amend as necessary.
• Organise and attend tender review meetings with Sales Manager, Project Managers and Drawing Office Manager prior to submission for costing, technical and timing confirmation.
• Organise and administer tender documents, correspondence, enquiries and estimates.
• Prepare and communicate estimate information for tender review and for handover to project teams.
• Liaise with client during tender preparation to ensure clarity on detail of project.
Skills & Experience Required
|Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)|
• Tenders submitted on time
• Accuracy of detail included
• Accuracy of margin
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Be commercially aware
• Strong attention to detail
• High understanding of construction plans
• Experience of leading tender process, including management of internal contributors
• 5 GCSEs (A-C Grade) or equivalent including maths (it’s also useful if you’ve taken subjects such as science, law, geography, information technology or design technology).
• A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering (including an industrial placement).
• A minimum of three years’ experience of managing elements of construction projects.