If you are interested in the role below, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Simply send us your covering letter, CV and salary expectations.
|The purpose of the role of Estimator is to take responsibility for compiling estimates for presentation by the Sales lead to the customer by calculating the cost of delivering the project. The role will involve assessing the material, labour and equipment required by liaising with the Sales lead, Design Manager, Procurement and Project Managers to fully understand the technical drawing and all implications. Quotes will need to be obtained and analysed from sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure commercial risk is covered (i.e. profitability margins) whilst ensuring competitiveness and strong conversion wins. At go live the Estimator will take an actively monitor the project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.|
Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake the estimating process for project enquiries to ensure competitive pricing whilst commercially viable, requiring an understanding of key variables for costing.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Drawing Office, Procurement and Production to obtain relevant information to ensure all aspects of the project are covered, ensuring a technical review is undertaken by the Design office and accurately scoped.
- Assess material and the labour required by taking off quantities
- Liaise with the Sales Manager to compile final tender to ensure all detail that can be determined is identified and costed
- To understand Bailey standard products and to incorporate these products where possible and appropriate to maximise the profitability and achieve efficiency gains
- To adhere to all Company Quality Assurance Procedures at all times
- To support Sales by carrying out initial follow up on all quotations submitted to verify competitiveness and amend as necessary
- Organise and attend tender review meetings with Sales Manager, Project Managers, Procurement and Drawing Office Manager prior to submission for costing, technical and timing confirmation
- Organise and administer tender documents, correspondence, enquiries and estimates
- Prepare and communicate estimate information for tender review and for handover to project teams
- Liaise with client during tender preparation to ensure clarity on detail of project
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be commercially aware
- Strong attention to detail
- High understanding of construction plans
- Experience of leading tender process, including management of internal contributors
- 5 GCSEs (A-C Grade) or equivalent including maths (it’s also useful if you’ve taken subjects such as science, law, geography, information technology or design technology).
- A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering (including an industrial placement).
- A minimum of three years’ experience of managing elements of construction projects.
- Demonstrable experience of using Revit, Epicor (or other ERP) Microsoft Office
|• Company bonus system|
• Lunches included
• Gym available to staff members
• Breakfast every other week
|8am to 4.30pm (including half hour lunch)|